Government authorities said that they had consumed too many seeds of the the herb growing nearby while playing, though victims’ parents alleged that poor quality mid-day meals served to their kids was the reason for their plight.
The children were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. Later, they were rushed to the district hospital, after they complained of vomiting and dysentery, officials said.
Government doctor SK Nigam said that the kids fell ill after consuming too many ‘Ratanjot’ seeds. He said that the condition of the student was out of danger.